Wednesday 17 December 2014

DIY Concealer


Good concealers in the markets are very costly and many people may not afford to buy it.I have come across a DIY concealer that even works better than store bought ones.This DIY mineral concealer is much safer and cheaper the chemical laden concealers in the markets.
Things you will need for this are:


1.Mineral powder foundation: Wouldn't cause more breakouts and are safe to be used on pimples and marks.You might use any tinted powder if you do not have it,or scrape off your compact powder and use it.
2.Moisturizer:Use a heavy moisturizer if you have aged or super dry skin.For oily skin,go for oil free lotion or skin hydrating lotions.
3.Container to store your concealer:I prefer using used up and clean lip gloss container that comes with a wand for applying the gloss.
4.Food colour and fuller's earth: Optional.
I have used l'oreal mineral powder foundation and l'oreal mask in lotion for making my concealer.
I ratio of the lotion and the foundation can be 1:2 or 2:2 depending on the coverage you want from the concealer.You might add less than a drop of red food colour if you want to hide dark circles,or green colour to hide redness.You might also add a bit of fullers earth to control oiliness.
The concealer I made not only conceals the imperfections on my face,it also helps to highlight the parts of my face I want.I have used a foundation lighter than my skin tone to make it a highlighter.You might use a foundation that matches your skin tone if you do not want to use it as a highlighter.
Since I have used a mineral powder foundation,it never irritates my pimples and the light lotion I have used provides hydration.
Swatches:





see the result! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOST READ POSTS